SPIN CIRCUS training COURSEs
The Spin Circus Training Courses have been designed for people wanting to up skill, learn new disciplines, or brush up on old ones. If you're thinking of doing a long term course or Bachelor of Circus Arts this is a great way to test the waters, and immerse yourself into full time training.
Spin Circus School is a privately owned & operated course, created by circus industry professionals with a wealth of experience and a passion for improving & celebrating the circus industry.
Successful applicants will have an opportunity to choose from a number of electives. Contact hours are 25 hours per week. We have chosen to spend more time on physical training while encouraging you to work on an act in self devised training time. Directors/mentors may be available if you do choose to leave with an act.
This year we are offering the option of a 1, 2, 8 or 10 week course.
Please note: This is not an accredited course. You don’t need a certificate to join the circus!
IS the spin circus training COURSE FOR YOU?
The Spin Circus Course is for anyone who has a keen interest in taking their training or circus skills to the next level. If you are serious about your time and training then the Spin 8 Week Course is for you. Spin Circus is most suited toward students with a background in (but not limited to)
- Manipulators (Jugglers, Staff, Poi, Hoop etc) who wish to add an acrobatic element to their art.
- Community Circus Coaches and performers who wish to expand or vary their skills.
- Circus school alumni who can’t commit to a longer course
- Circus hobbyists who wish to get serious (or serious skills)
- People with acrobatic backgrounds who want to 'try before you buy' for a longer course, or those who are in training for further acrobatic study.
- Many of our past students have gone on to be successfully accepted into NICA and/or pursue their professional careers and tours including 'The Amazing Ab Brothers', 'Circus Australis' and 'Chest of Wonders'.
Basics will include Handstands, Tumbling, Strength, Flexibility, Movement
These skills sets will help create a solid circus skill base for any performer, and are an integral part of our course, being trained at least 2 hours, 4 days a week. Students will also partake in strength and conditioning exercises on core, upper & lower body strength with focus on your specialty. To increase aerial awareness for your specialty, trampoline and mini tramp will be offered.
Specialties are to be chosen upon application. You have the option to specialise in two areas;
- Aerial Rope
- Tissu (aerial silks)
- Static Trapeze
- Doubles Trapeze
- Aerial Ring (Lyra)
- Roue Cyr
- Adagio/hand to hand
- Circus Hula Hoops
Do you have an act that needs polishing? Do you want to create an act for performance?
Our trainers can work with you to assist in development of character work, skills and act presentation. There will be the opportunity for self directed training time for you to work on your act and skills each week.